Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I never thought much about being a Grandma, because I thought it would happen much later in my life. Not that 50 is too young to be a Grandma, in my mind when I think of "Grandma"....I think of a Grandma Hughes type. But, now that I am one I can't imagine ever not being one. Its the greatest feeling in the world. Totally different from when you have your own kids. I don't have to worry if he has had too many cookies, or if cereal and chocolate milk is bad to give for dinner. This is "Nona's" house...have a ball! No bedtime...no rules....no punishment....just fun! Then...hand them over to Daddy!! Besides just love being around the little rugrat...he is very funny to boot! I love 3...what an age! He just says what he thinks...anything and everything. How great would that be if we all could do that...just say what we think. A few examples come to mind....for instance, if I would like a hug or a kiss from Aiden, and he just isn't in the mood he will say.."no thank you". So..if your husband wants to come home for LUNCH, why can't we just say "no thank you"! Aiden has no problem saying "I'm outta here" when I'm doing something he has no interest in. So, why when I was trapped in the hospital room while my MIL was having her catheter didn't I just say "I'm outta here!"? If I make something that he doesn't like he has no problem pushing the plate away saying "I don't like it!" So, why do I eat it and pretend to like it? I would love to push the plate away and say I don't like it! "Whats that icky smell?" Another thing I could have said while sitting in a small room with a man who probably hadn't showered in weeks!! Aiden would have said it!! When someone is rambling on and on and you just want to say "stop talking"...why don't we? We have to grow up...we have to learn manners....we have to think about other people's feelings...we just have to be nice! Lets put one day aside and be 3 again. Just say what we think, anytime..anywhere. I bet its a lonely day...a lonely day indeed! In the mean time...I'm outta here!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post Sue! I love being a "Grams" too. Aiden sounds like such a doll. Please don't start saying what you think though, could be trouble on many fronts! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete